Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bunker Street boats

About half a block from our house, there's an old trailer with a yard full of boats in front of it. The largest one is a fiberglass sailboat hull that never got finished. There are several small sailboat hulls on trailers or on blocks, a motorboat and a kayak or two. I've never met the owner, but I like him already, because I know exactly why these old boats have washed up in front of his house. He just loves boats and can't resist collecting them. It doesn't matter whether he ever uses them...it's enough just to have them near.

Today is Saturday - sermon writing day. I left the house this morning to go work on my sermon at the library, but I got sidetracked as I drove down Bunker Street and saw the old boats. The collection of shapes and colors are so attractive, I had to stop and make this watercolor.

No comments: