Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tyee Marina 2

This morning I drove down to Tyee Marina again and made this sketch of the buildings I painted yesterday. This time I stood on the float next to the gate. It was raining slightly, and the raindrops spattered the watercolor in the background.

A cheerful old gent came by and looked at my sketch. he said he'd been living on his boat for ten years there. "Don't know why I waited so long," he said. "I love it here. Except for bringing supplies down the dock and dealing with the rain and snow."

He told me a story about another man who lives aboard a boat. When he moved from his house to the boat, he brought his lawn mower down to the dock, took it out in the bay and ceremoniously pitched it overboard. "I'll never mow another lawn the rest of my life," he crowed.

No comments: